Wow! What a compliment! Just the fact that such a talented person would read my blog, let alone like it, is incredibly flattering. I was just nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by a marvelous woman who is a wonderful, and dedicated christian, wife, mother, writer and photographer, not to mention she is hilarious! You can visit her blog here: http://briannehuwe.com
So, good news and bad news. Apparently, there are rules to this thing. I get to display the award, which is great! Also, I get to share with you 15 of my favorite blogs and tell you why I think they are so amazing! So here are some real gems:
1. Happily Occupied Homebodies : Wonderfully organized woman, homeschool mom, farmer’s wife with cute and great ideas for good fun at home.
2. A Homeschool Mom : Amazingly organized homeschooling mom with great ideas and great reminders about focusing on what our true mission is as mothers.
3. Homemaking With Heart: A heart-warming, talented blogger that has great homeschool and health tips as well as focusing on our purpose in life.
4. i have no greater joy : An incredibly optimistic (you can’t help but smile when reading!) homeschooling mother that is wonderfully creative with her homemaking and mothering ideas.
5. http://livingoutsideofthebox.com/ :A definite super-mom, they’ve traveled the world (with 3 kids!) and are still living to tell about it! A fresh breath of air and a very interesting read.
6. Thinking Kids : A very focused and talented writer and mother that reminds us of the important things in life.
7. http://www.handsfreemama.com/ : If you haven’t visited this blog, you should, it could be life-changing….seriously. This woman reminds us and shows us how to put our family first.
8. http://brookeandamronharper.blogspot.mx : Awesomely talented woman, wife, mother and photographer ( AWESOME PICTURES!) Always reminding me of the joy and humor that can be found in the every day.
9. http://raisingolives.com/ : She’s raising AND homeschooling 11 children….yes, you read that right, plus religious and health focused….yep, super mom- great information!
10. http://www.successful-homeschooling.com/ : Wonderfully informative and helpful information for the homeschooling family.
11. Homeschool Crafts : Great, simple and very effective ideas for educating your kids at home.
12. http://messypreschoolers.blogspot.mx/ : Good, if not “clean”, fun that helps your kids learn in the way they like best- hands-on!
13. Project Light to Life : Great ideas for everyday service and happiness- reminders that we are not alive for ourselves.
14. maskcara : If you met me you would never guess I would follow a blog on fashion and personal care. I’m not actually into fashion and products and such, BUT this woman is incredibly talented and has awesome tips and step-by-step approaches for make-up and hair.
15. Simple Days making for an Exciting Adventure : Just like the title implies, a great homeschooling mom that shows what a great life can be had by simply living.
Now, the not so great news is that I can only share 15 blogs. There are so many talented people out there! Another down-note is that in order to do this I have to share 7 interesting facts about myself. Bummer, I’m not sure I can even think of 7 facts, let alone interesting, but I’m always up for a challenge. So here we go:
1. I love to dance. I honestly don’t think I can keep my body still if I hear music (even if its only in my head!)
2. I love read. Especially history, self-help, and health-focused literature.
3. I love nature. I seriously feel so much joy just by walking around outside. Let me go on a hike in the mountains or a jog on the beach and it’s pretty heavenly.
4. I’m the messiest neat-freak you’ll ever meet. I border on OCD, so I PURPOSELY create (or allow) messes because I feel it creates more balance in my life.
5. I love food. You would think I would put a type of food, but I can’t pick a favorite- though I do border on insanity with chocolate. I will try everything once as long as it’s not immoral or against my religious beliefs. Even things that I think I don’t like will sometimes be the only thing I want to eat….I have a love/hate relationship with fish and cantaloupe.
6. I am a research geek. I love to learn and teach. I put these together cause I learn more as I’m teaching. Pretty much, if it’s new information, on pretty nearly any subject I feel like I just want to absorb it- I have to control myself cause I could spend hours researching.
7. I’ve had each one of my children (4) in different countries (if you count Puerto Rico as another country, which I do….if you’ve been there, you understand)
So that wraps it up! Thanks so much again to BriAnne for the incredible compliment! For those of you that I nominated you can get ALL the details (yup, the research geek in me) here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/ .
Thanks for reading!